Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Top 10 Tuesday

It has been a wonderfully busy week here at Nestle and Soar Studio in Colorado. I have found a few ideas, organizations, and folks that I really want to pass along -- these are the things that have made my work this week just sing! I hope you will have the chance to look into a few of these great offerings. I've tried to make it easy for you to find them and enjoy them.

#1  TAFA: The Textile and Fiber Art List

TAFA is a business community of entrepreneurs rooted in textile and fiber art products and traditions. A majority of their members (and I am a proud member) have social and environmental agendas at the core of their business. TAFA unites old and new traditions, their historical and modern importance, giving a shared platform to both contemporary and traditional textile techniques from all cultures. Click here to see more about TAFA!
You can also visit Nestle and Soar on TAFA here.


#2  PHOTO TREE

This is a great idea that was posted by a wedding design company,  Rustic Wedding Chic.
I think it is a wonderful idea for almost any type of outside family gathering.
What do you think?


#3  Container Garden for the Fashion Conscious

I know it is still winter and the time to be preparing plans for my yard is still months away...
but how about this clever idea from Dave's Garden?
I know just the purse to donate to the cause...


#4  Coexist Designer Pillow for Tree Lovers and Peace Lovers

Coexist Designer Pillow by Nestle and Soar
When all the beautiful birds come to rest in the tree that is your life, I think that is when you know that you have created a life that is filled with compassion, inclusiveness, and community.  Coexist Designer Pillow


#5  Pam Garrison's Blog and her Sailor's Valentines

These handmade hearts would be perfect year-round ornaments, gifts to your beloved, drawer sachets, pin cushions, couch pillows, or gifts. It is a lovely way to do a "little" embroidery without dedicating yourself to a huge project!
I found these lovely hearts here. Enjoy!


#6  Yarn Bowl

This week I learned that there is a recipe for making a paste with which you can make a bowl out of yarn! If you have lots of leftover yarn, like I do, this would be a fun afternoon project! I understand that Elisabeth used Carolyn's paste recipe and an inverted glass bowl with foil on it to create this bowl. She then soaked the yarn in the paste and applied it all onto the bowl.
Here is a link for the special paste recipe.


#7 Plus 3 Network 

Plus3Network is a fun and worthwhile way to pay attention to how much I move every day. When I go for a walk, I log it into the Plus3Network, and they alert their corporate sponsors to donate money to a worthwhile charity because of the exercise I recorded! The financial donation does not come from me, it comes from corporate sponsorship. I love this because it gives extra emotional reward to me every time I log a mile or lift weights with my girlfriends at the gym. You should check them out here.

Making It Count

"Plus 3 makes the world a healthier and better place by helping its members lead healthier better lives. Plus 3 Network will count millions of daily rides, runs, walks, or swims as mileage-rewarded fundraising. We are the social network that actively manages, motivates, validates, and rewards our members for participating in fitness activities. Plus 3 links our members with corporate sponsors and non-profits in a shared goal of worthwhile giving. Making It Count is our phrase for this process of bringing people, causes, and sponsors together for the good of everyone."

#8  Ancient Japanese Gardens

I want to share these phenomenal gardens with you this week. It is so impressive that the gardeners who continue to create these time-honored spaces consider it to be genuine works of art. I agree and I have visiting these gardens on my bucket list! 


#9  Insider Tips on Needle Arts

I am proud to have a new publication make the top 10 list this week! These free tip sheets can be found at my Nestle and Soar shop. The first tip sheet includes information on choosing the right kind of foundational fabric for needle felting and tips on embroidery. I would love to know if there are specific needle art topics you would like to see covered!


#10  Who Do You Love 

This adorable owl is very lovable...don't you agree?

Have a wonderful week ahead and thanks for stopping by,
Georgianne



No comments: